Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Another Great Read!

It's amazing how much reading can be done while you are sick! I am finally back up and working, but I wanted to mention one more book that I read during the holidays and while I was coughing, sneezing and nose-blowing.

The book is by one of my favorite authors - Bryce Courenay (he also wrote Potato Factory, which is a long time favorite book of mine!). The book is called The Persimmon Tree. It is a beautiful love story of a young man and woman that originates in Java 1942, when the Japanese were beginning an invasion. It is beautiful story that has no gender boundaries - could be equally enjoyed by both men and women, as there is much a soldier's story as their is a love story. It combines evocative surroundings with an engaging story line that will keep you reading all 500+ pages! I hope you enjoy!

No comments: