Monday, August 18, 2008

Florida Down Syndrome Conference 2008

Wow, another great conference! You know, as a Canadian, we always expect Florida to have such amazing weather. However it seems that I take my Canadian weather with me wherever I go, lol. It was raining and thunderstorming almost the entire time I was there! Nevertheless, I was happy to see friends that I had met at the NDSC Convention in Boston last month - Heather, Chad and Michele from Bradenton, FL, friends from prior workshops - Susan Corse Adams of Jacksonville, Sue Davis-Killan of Boca Raton and of course Amy Van Bergen of Orlando. Karen Feduccia and Kelly Brewer, also from Bradenton's Manasota BUDS parent support group, shared fun stories with me as we chatted for hours. Thank you girls!

I presented three separate workshops at the conference, and each were well-attended by both parents and educators.

Amy Van Bergen, Executive Director of the Down Syndrome Association of Central Florida, truly did an amazing job organizing this conference and everyone I talked to said they had thoroughly enjoyed themselves.

1 comment:

Parimi said...

Nice work.

Visit me at www.timmiri.com

Parimi