Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me!

Well it is indeed my birthday AGAIN today, lol! It feels like I JUST had a birthday! What amazes me about birthdays is how many people tend to know it's your birthday. I actually had birthday wishes from people I went to high school with 30 years ago - thanks to Facebook!

When I decided to write a post today, I noticed that there was a comment on my post regarding Autism and the "On the Brain" blog by Dr. Merzenich. The gentleman who posted the comment suggested that we look at the Brain Fitness Program created by Dr. Merzenich's company, Posit Science. So I went to their site and eagerly tried the Brain Fitness Demo - in order to see just how far along I have actually aged, lol. I was happy to discover that my brain is still very functional, and that in fact I am able to visually track 5 moving objects on a screen at one time!!

I think that what Dr. Merzenich has created is wonderful, amazing, fun to use, and very necessary - especially with the size of our aging population. While their program is at the opposite end of the spectrum from eReadingPro (our program is for beginning readers, whereas Posit Science - Brain Fitness is for the aging reader), I think both program are equally important. After all, knowledge is power! Try it out for yourself at Posit Science!

1 comment:

Patricia said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Denise! Very interesting demo. I graduated from high school 40 years ago and my score was 4.78 moving objects.